Friday, April 23, 2010

RIP Bud, Empyrean

Empyrean (noun) - The heavens




Today's word fits in to my life very well, I don't know if you would call it irony or coincidence. Whichever one it is, one of my best friends passed away two years ago today. He was driving home from a friends house, it was raining and the roads were soaking wet, as he was rounding a corner the car lost control and went off the road and hit a tree head on. Jordan and his girlfriend were in the car and were immediately rushed to the hospital. His girlfriend died the next day, and Jordan passed away soon after. I will never forget talking to Jordan's father in the hospital, we were talking about the last thing he had said to his son, and it was a text message. Jordan said he was on his way home, and his father responded saying, "Please be careful." Jordan's response was, "Always." He never saw his father again. To this day, if any one person tells me to be careful, I respond with a very simple word, "Always."


After the passing, Jordan had donated all of his organs and has saved several lives. To follow in his footsteps one of my best friends growing up and I filled out our I.D's as organ donors, and signed as witnesses. I can only hope to save a life if mine ever ends short.


It's been two years now, and Jordan still lives with me every day. There are moments I know he is watching over me, and it's really something special to experience. I would like it if you could share a story about losing a person close to you and how you are doing today.


I would like to thank Holly for the picture, I stole it from her via Facebook!



Rest in Peace Jordan, I know you are living up in the heavens, we miss you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment